Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Graffiti Removal Shindig This Saturday

If you have taken a stroll around the neighborhood, you've certainly noticed the increase in graffiti. It seems like anything that is immobile for more than thirty seconds gets tagged. I was walking my dog last week in Logan Circle, and when he stopped for a break, I turned away - to respect his privacy, of course! Imagine my surprise when I turned around and found him sprayed with "MAGIC" in big, bubble-gum letters.

Well here's your chance to fight back. This Saturday, June 16th at 10:00 AM, the ANC 2F Committee on Crime and Public Safety, lead by the venerable Helen Kramer, is inviting everyone out to Thomas Circle to help clean up some of the grime. Jack Evans will even be along for the fun!

So come on out and help your friends and neighbors clean up Logan Circle!

Disclaimer: I don't really own a dog, nor was my fictitious dog spray-painted. Heck, I wasn't even in town last week!

No comments: