Friday, December 15, 2006

Watch Out at Shaw Metro

We received this from one of our neighbors and wanted to pass it along. Please be careful, especially during the busy holiday season.

I was jumped and punched by a group of kids last night about 6:30 pm on 9th Street near the 8th and R exit of the Shaw Metro, so be careful out if you're around there. The Metro police caught 3 of the 6 to 8 kids, and they didn't steal anything (though they tried to get my jacket) so that's good, but still it's worrisome.

A lady nearby saw them run into the Metro station (thank you very much too, whoever you were) and then the Metro police trailed them andcaught them at
the Fort Totten Metro.

The Metro Police were fantastic, they got to the Shaw Metro in about 5 minutes and caught the kids, while the DC police took about an hourand a half to
show up.

6 comments:

Don't Be Silent DC said...

I really am losing my faith in the next generation. No one is raising these kids and they're growing up to be a bunch of hellions. I've heard about that Metro station a few times before, and I will avoid it like the plague.

Anonymous said...

I got jumped by about 10 kids at Shaw Metro a number of months ago. They followed my girlfriend and I down the street about 1/2 block, then one of them hit me in the head with some blunt, hard object (knocked me out, left a scar) and they all ran away giggling. The folks at the 7-11 near there were really nice - gave me paper towels, called police and ambulance, etc.

The person who runs the 'InShaw' blog was nice enough to post about it at the time.

Anonymous said...

I have never really had any problems. I have walked around all sections of this city both during the day and night. Maybe it is because I still sort of have that extended adolescence thing going on. My appearance still resembles that of a 18 or 19 year old. I dont know perhaps it is just open season on anybody who happens to look like an adult or a person around the age of those who happen to be in authority. Never in my days of my actual youth would I have ever considered attacking an adult though. Just not something I ever had interest in doing I guess.

Anonymous said...

defend dc

Don't Be Silent DC said...

You've got that right anonymous #2!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if this post signals this blog's return to relevancy. It's encouraging to see something of practical use to the community.