Some of many new the provisions include (taken directly from the preamble to the bill):
- To provide for the seizure and impoundment of vehicles used in furtherance of prostitution;
- To amend An Act For the suppression of prostitution in the District of Columbia to make it unlawful for any person to engage in or to solicit for prostitution, to amend all prostitution related statutes to define the terms “prostitution”, “arranging for prostitution” and “soliciting for prostitution”;
- To permit the Chief of Police to declare any public area a prostitution free zone for a period not to exceed 120 consecutive hours;
- To make it unlawful for a person to congregate in a group of 2 or more persons within a prostitution free zone who thereafter fail to disburse after being told by a member of the Metropolitan Police Department who reasonably believes the person is congregating for the purpose of engaging in prostitution or related offenses;
- To make it unlawful to solicit for the crime of murder or any other crime of violence;
- To amend An Act To establish a code of law for the District of Columbia to create an enhanced offense of assault where bodily injury to the victim results; and
- To make it unlawful for any person to install an electronic recording device, mirror or peephole in such manner as to surreptitiously observe individuals engaged in personal activities including sexual relations, changing clothes or use of a restroom, or to record any of those activities, to provide criminal penalties therefore, and to create exemptions for law enforcement, home security, or buildings where there is posted notice of such recording.
If you would like a full copy of the marked-up committee print, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.