Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Good News - An Update from Candida's World of Books

Below is an update from Candida today on the pedestrian access situation she alerted us to earlier this week. Thanks to all of you for your support, and thank you to Charles Reed and our ANC for following-up on this:

I am happy to be able to share this news with you:

Thanks to Charles Reed's mediation, Holladay Corp. have provided us with written representation that they will be able to create a pedestrian path in the area of their construction site on evenings and weekends, after construction working hours, hence alleviating the most immediate and serious threat to my bookstore's continued viability.

They have also expressed their willingness to help me finance the installation of a vertical banner outside my store to help with visibility, and will work with me on temporary signage on the South end of their property, to help direct customer traffic to the store, when the pedestrian passage is available.

Charles feels this is a reliable representation of their willingness to cooperate with my concerns, as well as the concerns of the community, that needed access to the sidewalk during non-copnstruction hours. He therefore suggests we take this item off tonight's ANC agenda and I concur with him.

I would also like to express my deepest, humblest and most heartfelt thanks to every singe one of you, who heard my predicament and rushed to my aid. I am indeed fortunate to have become a part of this community and to have earned your trust and support. I look forward to continue running a neighborhood bookstore that serves and reflects this amazing community and remain open to all of you.

Many many thanks.

Whenever possible, please stop by the store, so I can thank you in person!

- Candida Mannozzi

No comments: